An exciting new opportunity has come up at The Early Bird Bakery – we are looking to hire a chef to cook and develop the brunch and lunch offerings.
We are a new coffee shop and bakery on the Kings Heath High St and in the few months we have been open, we have built a reputation on the quality of our product and our customer service. We cook/bake everything fresh daily and all done in house. See a sample of our menu here.
We are a small team so we all must be willing to contribute in the back and front of house. You will be working alongside an experienced pastry chef/owner who will manage the kitchen. Your primary role will be to prepare, cook and develop the brunch/lunch menu and to assist in any baking that may be required. We are looking therefore for someone with some pastry experience but who can also effectively run a small savoury menu. We are an independent business with complete control over our menu, costings etc so together we can develop and change our offering as and when. The right candidate will not only need to have the experience but the passion and creativity required to progress our new business.
We are looking to train and develop the right person. The pastry/chef owner has worked in a number of kitchens and has a wealth of experience. One of the businesses main objectives is for people to gain some real knowledge and skills with hospitality and to develop as the business grows.
We’re looking for someone who has:
* The ability to work well with others in a team environment
* A confident and creative cooking style
* Planning and organisational skills
* A passion for the industry and committed to succession planning within the company
* A friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude at all times
* Maintains exceptional customer service and presentation standards
* Thrives and excels under pressure
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in reputable, high volume kitchens
* Good time management
* Career minded with leadership skills
* Ability to work flexible hours
* Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively, delegate tasks and lead junior staff
* Good communication skills